Quality Specialist (Japanese)
We are currently hiring an experienced Quality Specialist (Japanese). The successful candidate will be responsible for managing our internal quality control process with a focus on quality checks, recruiting new linguists, evaluating current resources as well as process optimization.
The Quality Specialist will be primarily responsible for setting quality benchmarks for Japanese and performing proofreading, translation and quality assessment tasks to ensure translators are attaining the required quality standards for this language. Additionally, this role will support the Quality and Vendor Manager in testing for new linguists and assessing client feedback.
Roles & Responsibilities
Recruitment of new freelance linguists
- Assist with identifying local market recruitment sources
- Attend interviews where necessary
- Provide and grade tests for potential candidates
- Carry out linguistic assessments where required
- Summarise and provide feedback to Quality and Vendor Manager and Project Managers
- Provide language specific training to linguists where required
- Monitor and assess intern performance (where applicable)
Translation, Proofreading, Translation (TQA) and Language Quality Assessment (LQA) as required.
Quality Complaints Process
- Assess client feedback and provide input for Root Cause Analysis reports
- Attend language calls where necessary as language expert
- 5 years experience as Translator and/or Proofreader
- At least 1 year experience in Gaming sector
- Excellent knowledge of industry-standard localization tools and processes (Memsource, MemoQ, Crowdin, etc.).
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Excellent level of written and spoken Japanese required.
- Excellent IT knowledge, esp. in MS Excel.
- Experience in assessing freelance translator quality is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English (and Chinese would be an advantage).